Saturday, January 21, 2012

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

The Mittens on my Hands (tune: Wheels on the Bus)
The mittens on my hands keep me warm, keep me warm, keep me warm!
The mittens on my hands keep me warm. All winter long!
   (add: coat on my body, hat on my head,  boots on my feet, scarf on my neck)

I'm a Little Snowman (tune: I'm a Little Teapot)
I'm a little snowman, short and fat
Here is my broom, here is my hat.
When it's cold and icy, I will stay
But when it's hot, I'll melt away!
Down, down, down, down.  Oops!  I'm a puddle!

My Snowman  (tune: Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush)
My snowman is...
On top of my head, On top of my head, On top of my head,
My snowman is  on top of my head,where does my snowman go next?
   Give each child a small snowman to hold.  The children can position the snowman on the correct body part as they sing the song.

Sing-A-Long Snowman Song  (tune: Happy Birthday)
Give each child a simple drawing of a snowman; just the three circles drawn on the paper.  Children then use crayons to finish the picture as they sing through the song.
Here's a big nose for you!  Here's a big nose for you!
Here's a big nose Mr. Snowman!  Here's a big nose for you!
   Continue with: two eyes for you!, big smile for you!, buttons for you!, a broomstick for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment